Saturday, December 5, 2015

vCenter server 6 - issue with first login to vSphere Web Client after new installation

I installed vCenter server 6 (Version 6.0.0 Build 2997665) on Server 2012 R2 and when attempting to login to the vSphere Web Client with the default 'administrator@vsphere.local' user and the password that was set during installation I got 'incorrect username/password'. I know the password was correct as it was a cut and paste for both the install and when I was attempting to login for the first time.

 I was however able to login to the Web Client with the windows local admin account although I was not able to actually make any changes with those credentials. I logged and and then I was able to login successfully with the 'administrator@vsphere.local' user and the password that was set during installation.

 This is possibly a bug with this version where you cannot make the initial login with the 'administrator@vsphere.local' user but I could not locate any specific info regarding this issue so hopefully this saves someone a few hours.

No comments: